So April Fools has become one of my least favorite days. I found out on April Fools Day that I didn't get into the U of U Nursing school... again. I think it has to be a cruel joke by the U to send out the decisions on April Fools Day but that is what happened.
I have been extremely heart broken. I've wanted to be a nurse as long as I can remember, so to not get into nursing school again has broken my heart. I thought for sure I was going to get in this year, I have been praying, fasting, having others pray for me. I've pretty much done everything I could absolutely do to get in, and I feel like I have failed.
Then came General Conference and it couldn't have come at a better time. I am in a weird position right now because I don't know what I am going to do with my future, so I decided to really use the promise of conference and listen to see what the Lord had to tell me. It definitely worked.
I didn't get an amazing revelation or anything but I definitely had a comforting feeling and know that the Lord had me in mind in several of the conference talks. I still don't know what I am going to do with my future and I still don't know why I am going through this but there was a great quote from Elder Christofferson. He said speaking of the Lord, "I am the gardener and I know what I want you to be." This hit me like a ton of bricks. The Lord is the gardener and He knows what He wants me to be.
I am have to put one hundred percent of my faith in that the Lord knows me and He knows what he wants me to be. He is trying to direct my life into the direction it is supposed to be going in. I have the faith that He is giving me the direction in life that will give me the best and happiest future.
I have a lot of things to work out and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really sad and now very scared but I know that the Lord loves me and is going to help me through this difficult time in life. So here life goes, possibly in a totally new direction. Wish me luck!
I'm sorry! That is terrible, but that is what is so amazing about General Conference! I don't know if you have heard anything about the University of Southern Nevada, but they opened a campus in South Jordan, and its a BSN program too, which is fantastic. I was really debating whether or not to go there, until I found out I was preggers...but they do only start in January of each year, which is kind of a bummer...anyways, I hope that you can get it all figured out! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you! :)
ReplyDeleteif i know one thing about the maxfields, it's they are rock solid in the gospel, hardworking, and ultra determined! you definitely are meant to be a maxfield! you're amazing!
ReplyDelete