That is what I will be graduating in a year from now. After not getting into nursing school, I began to look at many different options. After running degree audit reports (DARS) on 10-15 different kinds of majors I was really frustrated. Nothing seemed like a good fit and I still had a long ways to go to get any kind of degree.
So I looked again. I feel like it was a prompting from the Lord. As I scrolled through the whole list of majors again the Human Development and Family Studies link caught my eye. I hadn't seen it in any of the 15 previous times of scrolling through the list but I am glad I looked again. After running the report I was only 9 classes away! I couldn't believe it, I was much closer then I thought and I could graduate by next year.
So then I looked at what I could do with this degree and it hit me, a Child Life Specialist! They are all over Primary Children's Hospital! I would still be able to work with children, be in the medical field, and help those in need. It takes a little extra work, because you have to get a certificate after the degree but it is only 2 more classes and some clinicals. That I can definitely do after I graduate in May.
I am all signed up for classes for this summer and fall. Leaving me only 3 classes to take in the spring and graduate in May. I am still going to apply to the UVU nursing program just to have an option but I am feeling very good about this path.
I feel like the Lord is pushing me toward the path that He knows is best for me, so I am trying to follow that path. I am grateful for the love that Heavenly Father has for me and I am trying my best to follow His will.
So here it goes, a completely new pathway of life... it'll be interesting to see what the next few months brings!
Nikki! No way. I am majoring in that too... and at the U. Maybe we'll end up in some classes together! :) It's a great major and I'm sure you'll LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteNo way! I had no idea. I am really excited. I am taking a couple classes this summer so I can graduate in the Spring with my family studies degree and then I will take the child life classes next year. Are you doing the child life track or just the Family Studies degree? It would be awesome to have a study buddy :)
ReplyDelete