You all know that it has been extremely cold outside. We have all been suffering from the freezing temperatures as we leave the house to do what ever we need.
Well, not only do we have to suffer through the cold but we woke up to a nice surprise... The tube that pumps the water out of our furnace outside, froze. Our renter got out of bed and stepped into a nice soggy carpet! Gabby (our renter) called Taylor and he went down to fix everything he could. He used our shop vac (best invention ever!) and sucked up 3 gallons of water off the floor. After pulling everything out of Gabby's bedroom of course. He pulled up the pad and the carpet and put a fan on it.
Then he left for California. Yeah, this is auction week and Taylor had to leave. Of course everything has to happen on the same day!
So when I got home from work I sucked up another 2 gallons of water out of the pump that had filled up again. And waited for the repairman to come. He came and confirmed what we already knew, the pipe was completely frozen outside. He cut the line and now it is draining into a five gallon bucket. That I get to empty twice a day!
They were supposed to come again today(Thursday) but they never showed. If you know me at all, you can imagine how angry I was. But that is life and I had to get over it. I had Taylor call them, at this point my phone calls were being ignored, and they for sure be here tomorrow at 1. If they know what is good for them at least :)
So hopefully the pipe will be fixed tomorrow. Then I will worry about the carpet, pad, and all of Gabby's stuff being put back. But that will have to be another day :(
Here are some pictures of that wonderful event.
All of our renter's stuff...
The wonderful shop vac
The pipe now draining into the 5 gallon bucket
No comments:
Post a Comment